Wedding Planning 101
Want to plan the perfect wedding or special event? There are a few things you need to think of before you meet with me to discuss your special day. Here are a few of the basic questions you’ll need to be able to answer in order to begin planning your most important day.
- Time and date- In order for me to get you specific information, you’ll have to have this question answered. Is it a specific date or are you flexible? Do you have a place for the ceremony yet, and if so, what time? Did you want an evening reception or an afternoon? With that much out of the way, we can check to see what we can offer you.
- Size- How many people do you envision having (at least a ballpark will be helpful.) Reception rooms come in all sizes and you don’t want one that’s too big or too small! We want you to be in a room that would be ideal for your party.
- Budget- Let’s face it. We all watched the Royal Wedding earlier this year and while some of us want an affair like that, very few of us can write that check. So unless there is a royal title in front of your name, cost will be a factor sooner or later. So while a wedding is about so much more than just the money, it is important for you to have a budget in mind.
- Out of town guests- Don’t forget to give some thought to how much distance some of your guests will need to travel. Plus, it is a great time for relatives to catch up with each other and maybe even make a weekend out of it. Obviously, the further away your family lives, the more people will need to stay over. Luckily, I work at a hotel, so your family and friends can stay here!
- Your vision- Tell me what is in your mind when you picture your wedding. How do you see the room decorated? What kind of entertainment did you have in mind? What will be the flow of events, also referred to as the “timeline?”
With this information, we can begin to sketch together how we can make your special day even more special!